Welcome to Hostel El Encuentro, a small eco-hostel / hotel offering resort-like luxury at backpacker's prices.
Situated on a spacious private peninsula overlooking the town of Guatapé, its gorgeous lake, and the famous El Peñon rock, our hostel offers guests the chance to get away from the noise and pollution of city life, while still providing easily walkable access to the town and the many attractions and activities in the area.
Private Rooms with Private Baths and Amazing Lake and Rock Views
- Deluxe Suites with Private Lounge and Dining Areas and 2 Private Lakeview Balconies
- 4-Person Shared Dorms with attached Bathroom
- Free Parking
Private Lake Access
- Camping Area and Deluxe Tent Rentals
- Fully-Equipped Kitchen for Guest Use
- Free Wireless Internet
- BBQ and Campfire Areas
- Lounge Area with Large Flat Screen TV and DVD Library
- English-Language Book Exchange
Yoga deck with free use of
Mountain Bikes and Kayaks
24 hr Hot Water
Free tea, coffee, and local phone calls
Environmental Education Center / Library
Advanced Chemical-free Water Filtration System
Special Group Rates
Check out our Activities page for more information on the many exciting things to see and do in the area.
Because we are a small hostel, advance reservations are recommended. Click here for reservation information.